Ticketing Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. You must accept these terms and conditions before you can proceed with your booking.
In these terms and conditions “we” means Watford Palace Theatre, a Company Limited by Guarantee Reg No. 3218719, Registered as Charity Number: 1056950.
Tickets are sold subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Please check dates and times before completing your booking as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
- It is your responsibility to bring your ticket or booking reference number with you to gain admission.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of tickets that a single buyer can purchase (a “performance limit”).
- We do not accept reservations for bookings of less than 10 tickets, unless there are access requirements.
- Unpaid reservations of 10-19 tickets in a group can be held for 1 week.
- Unpaid reservations of 20+ tickets can be held for 3 weeks.
- We will always attempt to contact reserved ticket holders before releasing the held tickets back for general sale.
- No reservation can be made within 1 week of a performance date.
- Tickets cannot be resold or offered for re-sale;
a. at a profit; or
b. through non-authorised ticketing agents (including but not limited to secondary selling sites such as StubHub, eBay and Viagogo)
- Tickets resold or offered for resale in breach of condition 4 will be cancelled and secondary buyers will not be able to gain entry to the performance. We will assist secondary buyers with any evidence they require to reclaim money from a non-authorised ticketing agent.
- We may blacklist;
a. buyers who repeatedly resell or offer their tickets for resale through non-authorised ticketing agents;
b. buyers who resell or offer for resale tickets that exceed any performance limit.
Refunds, returns, exchanges, and credit notes
- Tickets and fees are non-refundable, unless due to unavoidable circumstances, such as;
a. In the event of theatre closure due to Government imposed restrictions. In this instance, we will contact all ticket holders directly to offer a refund or exchange for any bookings during the period of closure.
b. In the event of a cancelled performance. We very rarely cancel our performances but if we have to we will change your ticket without charge for a performance on another night. If this option is not available or unsuitable for you we will offer you a full refund so that you can return another day.
- Subject to availability and return of original tickets, we can exchange tickets for another performance of the same production. A 10% handling fee is charged for this service. Where the new performance is of a higher cost, the price difference will be charged, but if lower we regret we will not be able to offer a refund.
- Once all tickets are sold out, we are happy to offer, without guarantee, customer tickets for resale. A 10% fee is charged for this service. Any monies owed to customers are available as a credit for use against a future Watford Palace Theatre ticket purchase. Offers and discounts are subject to management discretion and may be limited to selected seats only. Only one discount can be used.
- In the event that you are unable to attend the theatre due to Covid, the value of your unused tickets can be credited to your Watford Palace Theatre account as a credit note if requested, to allow you to return at another time.
Discounts, offers and concessions
- We are unable to apply discounts or concessionary prices retrospectively.
- All discounts, offers and concessions are subject to availability.
- Discounts and offers cannot be combined with another offer or discount.
- Only one offer or discount can be claimed per ticket, and you may be asked to provide evidence of your eligibility.
- Where concessions are advertised, discounted prices are generally available to: under 16s, people with a disability and students in full time education.
- Senior Citizens enjoy discounted tickets on almost all our shows. Our sales team are happy to advise the cheapest available ticket price.
- Discounts, offers and concessions may be withdrawn at any time.
- To receive any specified eligible discount on your booking, all tickets must be booked at the same time.
- Discounts, offers and concessions cannot be exchanged for cash, or any other item.
- Latecomers will only be admitted if there is a suitable break.
- We reserve the right to make changes to running times, performers, and such other matters as we consider to be reasonably necessary.
- We cannot guarantee the appearance of any artist, which is always subject to illness, injury, and circumstances beyond our control. For the avoidance of doubt, we do not offer refunds if an advertised artist is unable to perform.
- The use of photographic and recording equipment, or mobile phones (and selfie sticks), are prohibited. Mobile phones and other communication devices must be switched to airplane mode before entering the auditorium.
- From time to time, we may photograph or film the performance and/or audience members. We will notify you where such photography or filming is taking place. You consent to being photographed or filmed as a member of the audience and consent to the resulting materials being used in commercial distribution, publication, and Watford Palace communications, without payment or copyright.
- Any complaints about a ticketholder’s seating or ability to view a production should be made promptly to the theatre staff either before or during the performance.
- In exceptional circumstances we reserve the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission, terminate a visit or restrict access at short notice and without prior warning. We ask our visitors to treat our staff, our performers and other visitors with respect and kindness. We are a theatre that is inclusive, welcoming, and happy. Anyone who does not uphold this culture will be asked to leave.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Parents are advised to check suitability with our sales staff at time of booking. Film admission is restricted by the film’s certification, proof of age may be required.
- Smoking is prohibited anywhere on site.
- Dogs will not be admitted, with the exception of assistance dogs. Customers are welcome to keep assistance dogs with them during performances.
- You make travel, accommodation and hospitality arrangements relating to the performance at your own risk. If a performance is cancelled or rescheduled our liability in respect of such arrangements is limited to the refund set out in condition 8.
- We will not be held responsible for any loss, theft, or damage of your personal belongings, other than caused as a result of our negligence or other breach of statutory duty.